Sunday, September 18, 2011

I remember being in my teens and being teased as the white lady. My neighbors would tell me I "glowed in the dark". Wearing make-up really wasn't my thing. My face would get oily but nothing a simple wash can't cure.

Then I turned 28.

For some reason after I got back from my trip, I started breaking out. After a pimple dies down, another one pops out! Noticed that the scars don't heal as fast too and my so- called "freckles" are more obvious.
Nowadays, my morning routine involves using a cream to correct the spots, putting on powder and LOTS of concealer.

Concealer. I never used to hide anything. Now I can't live without it. :(

The worse thing about it is being an Account Director for a popular beauty product. At one meeting, forgetting to put on my ever dependable make-up and adequate amount of concealer, we talked about how age spots/sun spots/pimple marks become more obvious as you get older. They don't easily go away as you age. I covered my face immediately. I had them. I had them all. My client (who also happens to be my blockmate) told me, "hay naku Shali, bawal ang pangit sa account na to!" Jokingly, of course. (Half-meant most probably)

So there I was, challenged (and ugly). How do I correct this problem of mine?

It was simple, really. I market my brand as effective in addressing these problem, so why not put my money where my mouth is right? Which is why I'm finally taking the 7 day challenge.


Day 1 starts tomorrow.

Here's to aging gracefully.

- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home