Monday, October 10, 2005

Bitaw

I just heard something disturbing before I left the office… “ayoko ng magtrabaho”. This coming from a person I idolized. “Ayoko na.” Hearing this from someone who was great at her job because of her drive and dedication made me scared. She’s been working here for so long, and ever since I got in this was the first time I heard her complain. Ever.

Scared. It was frightening. I suddenly stopped my worked and found myself shocked (with matching jaw dropping). In my mind I said “are you giving up?” I flashbacked to Papu. Was she the reality everyone is in and people are just scared of admitting it?

Comforting. After hearing those words, I came to realize what Ian’s been telling me, “tao lang rin yan.” Enough said, I could hear him telling me “I told you so”. Yes, he’s right, as always. I’m not the only who gets tired. I’m not the only one who gets frustrated in my department. Though being told that, and getting scared at our situation, I found myself being comforted at the fact that though I’m a freshman, I don’t differ that much from the “pioneers” of this gruesome industry.

The industry. Ah yes, the industry. I swore to myself that I wouldn’t be one of those lying sacks of b@tches. And yet here I am now. Oh please. I can actually hear the objections. Believe me, if you can manipulate client, or any other person for that matter, your one of those. Constantly surrounded by wolves in sheep’s clothing. I felt bad one time… but only that one time. The angst from work can often blind you from caring.

The angst. When you work your ass off, have a schedule worse than that from a call center and you don’t get approval from client in the end (not to mention if your client is a pain)… the angst is inevitable. If think you’re doing ok with your job but your attention has been called cause you’ve been screwing up and they think it has something to do with your personal life… the angst is DEFINITELY inevitable.

So what do we do now? Let go like Papu? Weak. Maybe we just need some venting out. Ayoko ng magtrabaho. Say it loud and proud. AYOKO NG MAGTRABAHO! But just make sure your boss isn’t around.


- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayoko na talaga magtrabaho. kaya nga ako nag resign eh. but i'm happy coz i got to do A LOT before letting go. and i still have plans of doing more someday.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's wrong with wolves wearing sheep's clothing?

sheep's clothing are nice, soft, and pretty. not to mention, "in" pa ang wool ngayon!

Eh ano ngayon kung halimbawa ang mga Hyena sa Africa nag-suot rin ng sheep's clothing? eh trip nilang maging fahionable kahit mainit eh!

stop messing with them wolves and don't drag sheep into this, Sha. You'll pay for it. Dearly. *roar* - Elevator Motorhead Man

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AYOKO NANG MAGLABA!

8:25 AM  
Blogger AveragePsycho said...

hey you elevator motorhad man! interesting comment... why dont you stick it up your ass!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ay sungit! Hindi na ko pupunta sa blog na to, the people here arrre sooo unrefined..unlike moi, sooo...umm, refined.

--refined lady

11:22 AM  
Blogger AveragePsycho said...

what the fuck??!?

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, shali... *hug*

no, i don't suggest that you let go just like i did. the difference with me and everyone else is that my heart wasn't in it. and in the industry that you're in, it's the heart that pushes you to go the extra mile.

"ayoko na magtrabaho" i uttered these words just so i wouldnt stop lying to myself and try to be a person that i never was. it wasnt just because i was tired, it was because i was in a position that i never ever wanted to be in. it was a wrong fit. =)

whoever it is who said "ayoko na magtrabaho", well.... doesnt necessarily mean na she wants out. what you guys are doing isn't easy... maybe it's just exhaustion? =)

smile, shali. remember what you told me: YOU WANTED THIS. =)

if you wanna vent, you know my number dear. =)

8:39 PM  
Blogger AveragePsycho said...

hey papu! you'd actually be surprised at who said those words... =)

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home