Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dare to dream a dream.

~~~

A friend of mine told me once that the kind of relationship you have is reflected in one simple gesture-- holding hands.

"Clasped hands" can just mean friends where some guy actually acts like a gentleman and of course your cliche "lovingly intertwined hands" where sometimes "may pa-sway sway pa.."

My friend's rambling wasn't about holding hands, it was about the lack of it.

His problem at that time was he didn't want to hold hands with his girlfriend... especially in public. There were too many "issues" he said, too much baggage. He was ashamed to be seen holding hands with her.
He obviously had issues with the relationship in general.

He told me, when you're with someone you should be proud to hold their hands for people to see. It's a sense of me-to-her and her-to-me kind of thing. I hold her hand and she holds mine back. A subtle yet honest gesture of assurance... of security, care and above all love.

In it's simplest and truest form.
Hold my hand if you love me. Hold my hand for all to see.  

Months after they broke up we started going out. He held my hand when we were at the mall. He held my hand the entire day until he took me home.
- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home