Wednesday, October 20, 2004

my kikay moment (bare with me)

I almost forgot to retell an important story that I think everyone could benefit in hearing its moral. Last Sunday, while my brother and I were making our way to the bookstore, I came across one of my favorite shoe store. It was every woman’s dream… SALE! So without any hesitation I went in. I browsed around looking for the shoes I’ve been dying to buy. Crap, it wasn’t on sale. But that’s beside the point.

Inside the store I saw a familiar face. She was an Atenean, my batch but I wasn’t sure if she was in the same course, but I have seen her around. She was with her mom buying shoes. Awww… a mother- daughter moment. She had yellow pumps on and was walking around to check it out. Yellow pumps? C’mon, my dogs have better tastes in color. I seriously wanted to suggest to her the white ones… but I didn’t. While modeling it around she kept on conversing both with her mother and the sales lady in English. Some-kinda-coño girl kasi. I tried not to pay attention to it and concentrated on a shoe I found… sling-back black shiny shoes. They were bitchy heels and I looked like a real bitch on those damn awesome shoes! So anyways, this girl in the shop took the yellow shoes (why she did is beyond me) and had a cork put inside the shoe to make it fit more. But she wasn’t done looking around and took 2-inch bage sling-back shoes. 60’s but charming nonetheless. She took those too. When she finished the cashier started punching the numbers. Total sale= 3,000 pesos. The girl and her mother were shocked at the price. Then she finds out that her yellow pumps costs Php2,000. “I thought it was 700(++) pesos!” Her mother seemed pissed and aloofed at the same time. Knowing all too well that she had already made the sales lady put that cork in her yellow shoes… she took the bage sling-back shoes. I saw the faces of all the sales people in the store. All wanted to kill her at that instant. I assumed the girl and her mother were there for a long time… I wanted to give her some of my yellow sarcasm! Pakonyo-konyo pa wala namang pera! Anak ng tipaklong oo… She paid for the other shoe and immediately left probably in embarrassment. She should have paid for the yellow shoes! Her mother should have told her to get the yellow shoes! Why the hell did she want the yellow shoes? So I did what every Filipina would do—I made chismis to the sales lady. I asked what happened and suddenly information just came pouring in. Apparently that girl took the other shoe! (Well, I knew that!) AND it was actually the second time she went into the store. 1st time was days ago and then today. However, it seemed strangely peculiar that she never knew how much the shoes costs. The cashier’s eyes were fixed on their annoying customer’s tracks. They were angry. I chuckled while I handed them my payment for my awesome new shoes. It was a real bargain. For shoes like that to cost less than 700 pesos? Well at least I learned to read prices in Ateneo. Poor girl. She probably got it from her mom after that. But everything happens for a reason. The shoe god was most likely watching and saved her from long-term embarrassment in purchasing and wearing those yellow pumps. and I mean for me to find my shoes? There is a God!
- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last. ... and shop till you drop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home