Monday, March 21, 2005

I'm sick...

It's technically my first day of unemployment. Graduation was last friday and forgive me for not writing about it then. After hearing it or rather reading this entry you would understand.
Friday was graduation day. The graduates of the School of Science and Engineering and the School of Management was presented in front of their parents, siblings and other relatives. Fr. Nebres was there as well as the owner of Jollibee Food Corporation, Mr. Tony Tan Caktiong. Mr. Caktiong was our speaker for our graduation and i would have to admit that this man's charm and humble stature makes him worthy of being succesful in his business. He was herald as the World's entrepenuer of the year 2004. With his wife, he welcomed us graduates to a new world, of new hope.
But before the granduer of graduating let me tell you about my little adventures during the day. Thursday night, the night before graduation i was panicking as to what i will wear for grad mass and grad itself. At the time, which was last week and the days before that i didnt feel the need to buy a dress or new clothes for it. However, night before, i panicked. I had the shoes. Damn did i have shoes! the only problem was having to pair it with the right clothes. I almost stayed up after midnight if i wasn't so tired. At 5 in the morning, with my parents, we prepared our clothes and other stuff needed for graduation, which was for 4 in the afternoon. We woke up early for the baccalaureate mass at 7:30 am. Call time for that was at 7:00 am. So we hurried to avoid traffic in Ateneo. We were there by 6:30. We brought our things because we decided that it would be best if we stayed near Ateneo. After the mass there was still our grad practice. Yes, we only had one practice for our graduation and it was on the same day itself.
I was sleepy, and very tired. The mass and the graduation took place at the highschool Gym. 4 years of our wasted youth culminates in graduating in a gym. But that's beside the point. The mass ended at around 9 am as expected. The grad practice was to be held after that. The pointless pratice ended at around 11:30, not as expected. We were an hour behind schedule. No problem. After prac, my parents and i decided to just leave the car and take a short commute to the nearest mall behind Ateneo. My mom and i decided we kill time in the parlor while my dad waits in agony. We ate lunch and went to the parlor. That was my relaxing 1 1/2 hour of the day. I wanted to fall asleep while the hair dresser was combing my hair and while the lady was fixing my nails. When i was done i went to my mother's parlor and saw she wasn't finished yet. It was already 2:30 pm. call time for grad was at 3:00pm. No problem, we were close to the school anyway. but all of a sudden, we hear thunder. It was raining so hard outside. I started panicking again. We had no car! and the route was difficult to pass. I just had my feet cleaned and my hair fixed! My dad and i had to leave earlier than my mom cause she wasnt finished yet! It was the first time ever i commuted with my dad. EVER. He was panicking more than i was! Now i know where i get it from. I was laughing all the way back. My feet was soaked cause some of the roads were a bit flooded. Water from the roof fell hard on the cement as we passed by stores. The wind was blowing like crazy. I got wet when we rode the tricycle... It was horrible. I think it was a wee bit of me breaking down that made me giggle as my dad and i made our way back to the car. Something like that couldn't possibly happen on your graduation day right? Haaay. I had to rush into my clothes for graduation. I fixed myself up with make- up, etc. then graduation. 4 hours worth, in a hot toga and killer heels. But the creme de la creme? I was beside the band, and guess who the only girl was? I'll give you a clue: she plays the damn clarinet! Nice. Don't worry, i don't hate the clarinet girl, i just don't want to see her that's all. And on my last day. Damn.
You get the drift. After that was dinner. and sleep. Until the next day when i caught a cold. I went our with Jinky and Yogi to watch the Bobby Parks Movement play in Racks El Pueblo to make up for not watching them the night before. They've got cool songs! Greatness. Was even on MTV Get Spotted again. yehey! whoope doo! Requested Jopay by Mayonnaise, for support to Monty who also plays in BP Movement. Maybe i can land a job in MTV.
We were supposed to go to Nina's birthday/ grad party at ther house but i couldnt go anymore. I felt so bad and to think i went to the spa that afternoon. When i woke up Sunday morning i had to clean my room. And i mean clean it. My allergies caught up and made my cold worse. By the end of the day, i was sniffing during mass. Palm sunday by the way.
Today, i spent the entire day in bed. My body hurts, my nose is stuffy and i feel bad cause i hate being sick. I'm sorry if this entry is long. And i don't want to come out as a ranting bitch but this is my blog. And like what Yogi told me before, i can write whatever i damn please! Forgive me, i think its the meds.
- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home