Saturday, March 05, 2005

My one night stand

I just woke up in my own bed a while ago. My body feels like a cement block. I'm still sleepy, well, i'm always sleepy. Last night was fantastic, but after leaving abruptly at 8 in the morning, i finally understand the feeling of a one-night stand.

My blockmates wanted to have a party last night, a last hurrah as a block. I was late, as usual. I was being a good girl and went to friday mass first. I got to Discovery Suites in Ortigas a little before 11 p.m. Yey. I was the last one to arrive, but who cares right? We were spending the night anyways. My friends have been nagging me earlier to go.I couldn't at first because i had other plans that night. And basically i was just too lazy to go. But i did. They used guilt. Who can resist. So i made my way to the place. Got lost a bit and was finally welcomed by my friends at the lobby of the suite. Great place Cher!

Bad thing about it was that you're not allowed to smoke inside the building. Me, JR, Steve, Cris, Mini and Roel had to go downstairs everytime we wanted to smoke. But its all good. When i got there, some of them were already drunk. I made my way to where the liquor was to catch up. ahehehe. So i flirted with Jose (last name Cuervo)vand had two shots of him straight. My third was intercepted by JR. He didn't want me to drink the 3rd one straight. Good one deary. So i had vodka sprite instead. Some of my friends were inside one of them rooms playing Boing Boing... don't ask. While we, the more sober ones stayed outside and talked making sure that the people inside the room had endless supply of alcohol for their game. But it had to stop when someone vomited on the blanket... and the pillow case... and the carpet floor... The bad thing about it was i had to wash the pillow case, the towel that was used to clean the blanket, and of course my white pants, because while i was being Martha freakin' Stuart some of the vomit got to my pants. I had to wear baggy pants that Roel had let me borrow for the night. I was staying overnight without bringing anything... not even a toothbrush! Good thing the place provided it. So the alcohol had to stop. We had to make our friends steady for the rest of the night. Why? Because they have an interview the next day for HP! This is why i love my friends. They seek to challenge the limits of humanity.

Some of them went to sleep, some were still making kulit while some went home. The rest of the people who stayed still played. I couldn't take it. At around 3 in the morning i went to bed. After a while my friends joined in. No, we didnt get to sleep really. It was all talk.. and talk... and oh! more talk. It was 8 am. This morning. My mom called me up in my cel telling me she was downstairs ready to pick me up. I was still wearing Roel's pants. I had to change quickly. My friends were still asleep. Those who had their interview at around 7 a.m. already left. The lights were turned off and the curtains were closed. My head hurt from the alcohol and lack of sleep. I quietly changed my pants. Got my stuff and tip- toed towards the door. I closed the door of the unit silently. My hair was a mess, i looked horrible and i was wearing the same clothes i was wearing the night before. I left the room alone at 8 in the morning. One of the staff saw me come out and just quickly looked away. I wonder why? It was disgusting. I felt sleazy cause of what it looked like but it was funny at the same time. It was my one night stand with the block. Not in the kinky sense. I had fun. We are graduating, most of us. But no matter what happens we will still be a block. These are the people who made Ateneo ok for me. And when i closed that door behind me leaving them in their slumber, i looked at them grateful and knowing at least for a night i took care of them as they took care of me.

- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shali! I love you too! hahaha.

man, beautiful entry. I like the whole one night stand thing.

hmph. no wonder when we woke up you weren't around anymore. imagine how that felt. I fell asleep around 6am I thik.

hahaha. we should have more of those.

One-night stand indeed. It was one hell of a one-night stand though. One hell of a night.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't help but to comment. i'm stoked. this was a good entry.
aba, you learned something from school. you can write better now. ehehe. liked the whole one-night stand metaphor. gud luck to you girl. thanks for cleaning up my mess!(that's not a metaphor though)appreciate it! see you when i see you

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home