Saturday, October 15, 2005

Priorities

Last night, i almost ruined the best thing that ever happened in my life.

I drove in silence. The radio was turned off. All i could hear was the engine running, the bustle of Makati at night, and the voices in my mind. What happened?.

I took the skyway. I have no idea why i wanted to pay that much for toll but i wanted to be home south as fast as i could. Was i running away again? Being so preoccupied talking to myself i missed the special lane for e-pass. Damn it!

I was near Sucat when he called. I let it ring... He calls the second time and i still refuse to pick it up. Breathe Shali, breathe. I was nervous... Hey, tuloy pa ba tayo mamya?

He asked me to meet up with him at Mio Mart. We still had to buy beer and some food for the night. It was supposed to be an "inuman" with our friends... A very post-birthday bash... But there was one problem. He was mad at me and i had no idea why.

I was scared to ask but at the same time i had to. There was no point in making my friends go to his house when we're having a fight. I called one of my friends and told him the situation. Then i asked him.

"Kung hindi mo alam, huwag na lang".

I sat there by the pool area clueless and frustrated. What did i fuckin do? I had an idea but i wasn't clear on the details.

Finally he confessed. Those words that came out of his mouth hurt. They were true. "I just know where i stand with you."

I've become a heartless person. It's all about priorities. When does work end and real life begin? Is it at 6pm? I took in everything he said. All the more it made me cry. I had hurt the person who's done nothing but sacrificed for me. I never even had to ask. And yet there i was in that room earlier that afternoon more concerned about work than listen to him for a brief moment.

I loathed myself. I never knew there would be a time i would let him down. I screwed it up, all because i wanted something badly.

Priorities. I almost forgot to live.

- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hug*

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home