Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ageing.

My mom introduced me to our new maid, Cherry pie. Yeah, its really Cherry pie. But more than the name, my mom reiterated that she's only 19. I remember the time when new maids would arrive at the house and they'd be older than me, if not the same age. Now, here's Cherry pie at the age of 19... 8 years younger than me.

I know being 26, turning 27 isn't really a bad deal. It's young enough to be stupid, but old enough to pay for stupid things on your own without being scolded. But i guess it's the idea of getting older. That there are about 26 generation of kids that can be considered younger than me now.

Maybe it was because of the conversation i had earlier about my "freckles" and how what i used to call "sun spots" have evolved into "age spots". Maybe it's the use of eye cream now and talking about which brand is more effective. Maybe my panic is being caused by my sudden need to apply sunblock every morning and moisturizing lotion for fear of my skin looking like a bark of a tree when i get really old. And maybe its also due to the fact that my ex left me for a younger girl. (considering he was already 8 years older than me!)

The thought of ageing can really put a damper on your day. But then what can you do, right? Change IS inevitable. It always boils down to the question, so what the f@k are you gonna do about it? Frankly i'd rather be one of those women who age gracefully.

Ah, f@k it. Live the rock 'n roll lifestyle 'til your 6 feet under.

- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home