Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just like my grandmother

We got home today from DFA and SSS only to find my grandmother weak and slurring. She was complaining about not feeling well. But before she even said anything, my parents saw that there was already something wrong. Apart from her slurred speech, half of her face was drooping. 

The doctor confirmed it. She had a stroke. 

They couldn't point out when she got it. She was already in the aftermath of the whole thing! When they checked her BP, she was normal. She wasn't even sure when or how it happened. When interviewed, my lola just told the doctor and my parents that she fell over the weekend and didn't even bother to tell us. She didn't think it was anything. She slipped raw.

Crazy old lady. 

Her concern? "Doc, i love coke." (seriously, she said that and i'm not talking about Coke Zero or Light, she loooooves Red.) Doctor was getting frustrated with my grandmother, saying that (1) she should have said something when she felt something different, (2) she should listen to the doctor-- a strict diet must be implemented along with her medicine.

Crazy stubborn old lady.


After the doctors, she tried to get some rest. (i.e. we told her to get some rest and stop fussing around the house. So after a very eventful day, I tried to relax and spent some time with the puppies. Lola, bored to death went to the backyard where we were and patted the dogs. "I love these dogs..." and she left. (yep, she's out and about like nothing important happened.)

Crazy, stubborn and sweet old lady.

...And i thought I just got that from my mom.

- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home