Sunday, May 01, 2005

Bangus... or not Bangus, that is the question...

Its May 1, 10:40 am. I just got back from our trip to Dagupan. What was supposedly a two- day trip ending at 12 midnight this morning extended to 4am. Our drivers at that time were tired from driving us all around Dagupan. Not to mention it was traffic everywhere! But lets start at the beginning.

It's my first event to handle, well, co-handle at least. Like ive mentioned before i work in an ad agency now, and our client's strat includes having to go around the country. (hurrah for me!) I was excited. We were supposed to leave on friday 2am! i didn't mind it, but little did i know i'd be having my first OT thursday night. I still dont feel like i'm working. It's just like org work at school... only in a bigger scale! So i got home at about 11, packed and took an early bath and took a short nap. I set the alarm at 1:30am only to put it on snooze and woke up an hour later! shet... buti na lang late yung car! Yes, i got picked up... So we made our way to dagupan after everyone got picked up... to the Bangus Festival!!!

And then our hotel... which looked more like a motel... with service slower than a turtle... imagine having to wait for your food for 2 hours... and you have a schedule to meet! uhuh... anyways for a first timer they all said i wasn't too bad. I was the youngest but not the shortest. woohoo!

It was so hot in Dagupan. We had a talent with us who was pretty popular when it comes to provincial locals. So you could imagine having to shoot in the heat plus the smell of sweaty locals trying to make their way closer to our talent. The trip was basically composed of this. I was doing ok until the talent became impatient and my mentor wasn't around. I have no idea how to handle talents. You are the boss on site but you still can't piss your talent off... a double edge sword if you ask me... so the day turned into night which turned into day, to the afternoon until the night to the next early morning again...

It was hard work, but it still was more fun for me. I was a kid getting all excited. The festivities were great! Alaga pa kami ng security! and yabang diba? but we couldnt hang out long enough to really sink in each event cause we had to go tour the others. Everywhere you looked there were bangus, and we ate bangus! Bangus, bangus, and more bangus. But you all should try Dagupenia restaurant, which serves our favorite pesto bangus and teriyaki bangus. Too much bangus for you?

I made new friends... fun friends along the way. but theres still work to do in the office come tuesday. damn.

P.S. I am erasing bangus from my meals for a month...or maybe two.

- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shali,
buti ka pa nakapunta sa dagupan sa "pistay dayat" festival. at least you saw the longest grill, one for guiness. bangus in dagupan is definitely the best.
should have called your ate suzette and let her know you were in town,anyway i know you were too busy..ingat palagi!

kuya reichie

7:38 AM  
Blogger AveragePsycho said...

hi tito!

really sorry, but we were on a tight schedule... pero sayang nameet nya sana si boy2 quizon... hehe ingat!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home