Saturday, May 07, 2005

It's Saturday

Its saturday, 9:43 AM, and im still in bed. Aaaaaahhhh This is how life should be spent.

It's been two weeks since i've been employed and except for the first day of work, i've always had overtime. I made mistakes already at work, but nothing serious that would jeopardize the agency or my career (especially my career) and little mistakes like sending messages to the wrong people and giving people their wrong surnames. But most of them were made because i a.) lacked sleep b.) was very hungry (and i dont mean just eating brunch or eating an hour late than usual... or c.) was very tired. It doesn't matter whether you want to go home or not, you will ALWAYS GO HOME LATE when you're in advertising especially when you have my account. And it doesn't matter if you go home late, you still have to come in really early the next day for work! It doesn't matter if you're really hungry, if you have a deadline to meet, you have to finish it first before you can eat. Even when you feel dizzy and confused whether or not its due to lack of food or lack of sleep, you still have to think on your toes and make sure everything goes right. Last night, i was all of these. at 10 PM i made my way to Jollibee magallanes to grab some food.

"Isa ngang number 11 and then add lumpiang shanghai, and extra iced tea please"
"Ay ma'am, 10 minutes pa po yung lumpiang shanghai"
Me making a face. "Ay, ganun ba? sige cancel ko na lang"
"90 pesos po", and i hand her the money.
"Ay ma'am, yung spaghetti po 5 minutes pa..."
Me very annoyed, i placed my palm on my forehead and squirmed. "oh sige sige, basta 5 minutes hah?!"
"opo ma'am, 5 minutes!"
and then the guy at the kitchen makes a terrible joke "anung 5 minutes? 10!" bastard.
Annoyed, i waited for my damn spag.
More than 5 minutes... my mother goes down the car. (she picked me up cause i was so tired)
I ate the burger, no spag.
"Wala pa ba?" She asks
Pissed of, i say, "hay naku, sabi nila 5 minutes! kung wala pa yan in a while iiwanan ko na talaga yan!!!" (i had an angry face this time.
My mom seeing me pissed off like i was about to make a scene, she went to the counter and followed up.

She just basically laughed at me cause i was so masungit that time. Now i know that i have to either have eaten or got enough sleep to not be masungit cause i really was about to make a scene that time.

But inspite all of these new "experiences" i have, Jeng reminded me what i needed to hear "Ganyan ka lang ngayon Sha, you're just venting, but this is what you really wanted to do." I actually told her to that to say to me when i feel down. I guessed it worked. I love what i do. It's so action packed! I'm always doing something cool like fixing a print ad, a shoot, checking out talent cards (which i find very relaxing... ahehe). This is my domain and i must say, hearing your BUD tell you "hey, i heard a lot of good things about you..." makes it all worthwhile. I am having fun. It's easier to know people when you stay after hours. And it helps a lot, especially when you need something rushed in the future. =p

So it's the weekend that im actually home. Next week i'll be out of town to shoot again on location. It all sounds so glamorous but when you're there, it isn't. But it is lots of fun. I think i'll be meeting with the bosses on the clients side. Im running out of clothes to wear by the way. i'm hungry. Maybe i'll get an ulcer in a few months from now...


- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jinx! said...

delicado ka pala paggutom...heheh.. i think the next time na I meet up with you after work or during office break may food ako na i-offer sayo muna ..hehehe para sure na kalmado ka.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tandaan mo nlang wen u get tired that a lot of people are dying to have that job! hehe! parang ang saya nga, pero yun lang taxing.. take care always! (hmm..bihira kita makitang stressed out noon ah...)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

hay advertising, masdan ang ginawa mo. ;p

2:29 PM  
Blogger AveragePsycho said...

Jeng: hehe dont worry about it...

Tenten: pwede rin ung idea mo... but then i could say that others are more fortunate than me parin when it comes to work...just haven't figured out who yet... hahah

nate: Magkakaganito ka rin iho! hahah! mwahahahah!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home