Sunday, December 05, 2010

People channel their energies somewhere else to escape or avoid something. Maybe it's true. A quick escape from stress, depression or just simply a bad day. I used to go to a park inside our village when I was younger. It was my secret hideaway. Not much people went there. With all the renovations and the new covered court installed, it's now considered one of the busiest parks inside the village.

I get drawn to silence. There are times I want to shut out everything in the world. Hence my love for my big red orange WeSC headphones, leisure drives, surfing and cooking. Things that are done alone and with utmost focus.

Cooking. More than just getting to eat decent food way cheaper than any restaurant can offer, cooking has become a zen-like meditation for me. I don't talk to anyone. No one bothers me when i'm cooking in the kitchen. It's just me, those wonderful knives and my ingredients. All my senses are open-- Sight, smell, touch, taste and hearing. Everything you experience as you go through the process of making a dish. But no matter how simple or complicated, the pay-off is worth it. Inner peace. And you get to celebrate by eating that wonderful dish... or laugh at how you ended up creating a new variation of that dish.


- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home