Monday, October 17, 2011

Advertising, in general, is a service not just for corporations but for consumers. It is a way to inform consumers, in any form of media, the choices that they have in this highly cluttered market. It is created in a language that they can easily understand and more importantly, is relevant to them.

6 years into advertising and it still amazes me how advertising materials can affect people's choice in a medium set within 30 seconds or less.

But more than creating languages that consumers will remember for decades, I often wondered if any of the ads I've made have actually evolved into action. Have the ads I helped create moved people beyond mere purchase?

More than a month ago, the new ad agency i'm working at gave me the chance to work on my very first pro-bono campaign. "For the love of..." and "Good training" were the key words given to me. It was a 360 campaign. I was new. I accepted.

The next couple of weeks were grueling. I was juggling real work with an entire campaign that wasn't giving our BU any profit. I almost died. Just "almost". While our CSD was there to help me out, I was almost running it in advertising side alone. My PR counterpart felt the same way. Oh wait, there were 2 of them. Daya.

"We're doing it for the kids" is what we kept chanting every time we'd do alignment meetings. "We'll go to heaven!"

Then came the presentation. I've made our client shed a tear. "Congratulations", they said.
Last week during the launch, Bro. Armin looked me in the eye, shook my hand and said the same thing. "Great job."

10 pesos made all the difference. A campaign that revolved around the value of such a nominal thing. 10 pesos, everyday for 10 months to help build 10,000 classrooms. I'm helping make an entire nation move to help make a better future for children, and consequently the future of our country. For that I am grateful.

www.tenmoves.org







- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home