Wednesday, March 14, 2007

141

Moving to my second job, i had already prepared questions in my head for my Group Account Director. Having a semblance of knowledge from my previous agency, i inquired about processes, benefits, even about admin support. More importantly, i asked about the culture. Having to leave and agency like Harrison was hard especially if you hang out with the creatives more than your department.
He answered each questions like a true accounts person. In the middle of his explanations, i couldn't help but laugh at how i could see through his bullshit comments. "Accounts ka nga..."
With a decision in mind, i moved out of the world of Mccann to Bates. Surprisingly, i still asked more questions during my first weeks.
My new GAD worked in Singapore before going back here and worked for 141. With most of the people i know going if not planning to work in places like that (including Vietnam) i raised a question "Why'd you move back?".
He thought about it. A lot since i asked it that while we were walking to our meeting he stared straight at the road and said "Shet. You got me thinking about it." So sad. So confused.
I don't know if it was his responsibility here that compelled him to go back, or the desired need to runaway given his cancelled engagement, but he went back. He never really shared what was on his mind after that.
I guess what's important is not to dwell too much on decisions made in the past but on what you're planning for the future. It seems bright for him given the circumstances. The man's in love and doesn't seem lost anymore.


- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home