Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A friend of mine posted a video on my facebook wall done by some guy who went snowboarding one glorious morning after snowing heavily the night before. Location? Tahoe.

Dom told me about the wonderful world of snowboarding back in LA. I think we were at the Cheesecake Factory... Mmmm Pomegranate Margaritas... Drool... (Hi Joyce and Joanne!)

So he went on and on about the surfing conditions in California, then I shared my non-glorious experience with wakeboarding and then he slowly transitions into snowboarding. He blurts out "So is your flight back to Manila this friday already?" I responded,"Yeah...". Then he tells me "Tsk Sayang, I was gonna take you to Tahoe for some snowboarding! There's still snow up there! Extend ka na!"

Bastard.

He then tells me about the perfect snow. "Powder", he said. "It's like gliding on clouds". It's ideal to snowboard when it just snowed the night before. It's even better for beginners since powder snow is soft... so falling ain't that bad. Better than getting dragged from a wakeboarding towrope, I guess. (NOTE: wakeboarding is not only painful, it can dampen your morale and self- esteem... Buti pa surfing... higher chance of drowning nga lang... and sharks... and getting hit by the reef or corals... or your own surfboard... or some korean tourist's surfboard. Oh yeah, I remember you Bacnotan b@tch!)

I had my chance in California. Maybe i'll have a better chance in Melbourne. Victoria Peak here I come!

- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home