Tuesday, August 31, 2004

pressured... and tired

I dread this day. PMSing is not funny, not funny at all! It's extremely dangerous to pair it with panic and stress. Why didn't i quit my org in my senior year again? Im young, and jaded. Yes, like Aerosmith's song. Drugs you say? Not my forte. People seem to think it's wise to just let it all go with a pill. Pasting a permanent grin on your face does not amuse me somehow.
I was at my sanctuary a while ago-- the smokers pocket garden. Unfortunately i've postponed quitting. I sat there alone, contemplating on the events of the day. Setting up the booth for Stickon, putting up the tarps, trying not to be late for classes, panicking here and there... the air was cool, but sweat was on my forehead from walking around the campus. Then manong passes by. One of the maintenance personnel that i've been seeing around since 1st year. He crossed the CTC building to SOM, minding his own business. He grabbed a chair from one of the classrooms and carried it back to CTC. It seems so easy to do his job. No worries. I know that life for him may be complicated than that and that i am more fortunate than him, but the simplicity of the work somehow makes me envious. He just had to get a chair and carry it to the other building, whereas i had to carry the load of heading a project to success. Eyes all around, expectations higher than the simple janitor.
Pressure can get in the way of perspective, but what if what pressure really does is open you to reality?

- Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like it's your last.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jinx! said...

tama ka dyan. I agree with you.hehehe.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Watchu think?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home